Myers Briggs Coaching – Unleashing Your Individual Potential
‘Whatever the circumstance of your life, the understanding of type can make your perceptions clearer, your judgments sounder and your life closer to your heart’s desire” Isabel Briggs Myers
Having helped millions of people worldwide gain insights about themselves and how they interact with others, the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) instrument has earned it’s place as the most trusted & widely used personality assessments in the world over it’s 70 year history.
Used by businesses world wide in the development of their individuals and teams, it is …
- Easy to grasp, insightful, and thought provoking
- Reliable and valid, backed by ongoing global research and development investment
- Completed in approx. 20 minutes
- Done on-line or via print versions
- Scored to identify an individuals’ 4-letter Myers-Briggs personality type code (e.g. ESTJ)
- A common language for describing how individuals interact with each other and the world around them, which is extremely useful when using MBTI with teams
- able to highlight individual strengths and how to capitalise on them
- Used in Individual & Team Development
Why might I or my business benefit from Understanding my/our Myers Briggs Type?
The first step in using Myers Briggs is to understand your Type. Perhaps you might have wondered:
- If it would be possible to work more effectively with others?
- What would I need to develop to be even more effective in the way I operate?
- For me to be at my best, what environment or circumstances need to be in place?
- What are my triggers for extreme stress, and what I can do to protect myself?
You are a unique individual. You also share some characteristics with other people. The 16 Myers Briggs Type highlight those similarities and differences with others of a different type (or preference). It can help you deepen your self-awareness, find a career your will enjoy, become a better leader/manager or improve your relationships.
Understanding personal preferences (and non-preferences) has helped many of us improve how we communicate, learn, and work. It provides a powerful framework for building better relationships, driving positive change, harnessing innovation, and achieving excellence. The MBTI assessment makes Carl Jung’s theory of psychological types understandable, accessible and highly practical by helping individuals identify their preferences.
The MBTI assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Team development —helps ease communication among team members, identify team strengths and weaknesses, and create action plans for improved performance. Great for team building.
- Leadership development—deepens leaders’ understanding of their personality type and the types of those they are leading to help them manage better, give more meaningful feedback, and improve individual and team performance
- Conflict management—improves skills in identifying sources of conflict and intervening early to prevent underperformance, disruption, and disengagement
- Stress management—builds resilience, increases productivity, and offers strategies for identifying and managing stress triggers
- Career transition and planning—helps guide individuals on career choice, development and management
What’s involved & How does it Work?
Myers Briggs Coaching
If you’d like to use MBTI as a coaching tool, you will be asked to complete a Myers Briggs Type Indicator questionnaire online, which will be followed by 90 minutes one-to-one session with Laura as a fully qualified MBTI Practitioner. The session will start with the robust feedback process and will be tailored to suit you; focusing on getting you to your ‘best-fit’ type, understanding this in more depth, and looking at areas for further personal development. The real value in the tool is not just knowing your ‘letters’, but using the knowledge to become more flexible in your approach. You will be given your MBTI type report to keep (to see a sample report – click here).
In order to extract as much value from the report and new knowledge you have, many people choose to have a follow up one-to-one coaching session – where we take your knowledge of your type to the next level and really focus on your development outcomes.
Myers Briggs Team Builds/Team Development
Laura has used Myers Briggs for Team Building sessions (both where teams are newly formed and need to quickly get to a point of working effectively together, as well as with teams that may have struggles or challenges). There are various ways in which team building and team development can take place and depending on budget and time available we run half or full day facilitated workshops. It is also extremely effective when delegates are also offered one-to-one coaching prior to or after the team event.