Subscribe to our newsletter:

Go on admit it! – you know the song I’m talking about. The Spice Girls were a band I grew up with and the song Wannabe was the type of song that got stuck in your head (now I’ve mentioned it, your probably recalling it, right now!)

Goal Setting – how are your new year’s resolutions doing?

Have you ever caught yourself saying, ‘what I really really want is …?’ – but somehow you miss your target (whether it’s health, wealth, relationships, personal development etc). New year’s resolutions are very like this. The chapter of your life that was June 2016 has now close and that means 6 months of the year have passed (4380 hours have passed to be precise!).

Setting intentions isn’t enough …. take action!

Many people set intentions, but don’t take positive action. Loosing weight was an intention I’d set for many years – to no avail (I wasn’t on my own – losing weight/getting fit is one of the most common new years resolutions). The Guardian suggests that 63% of adults don’t keep their new years resolutions and of them, 66% admitted to breaking them within the first month.

Goal Setting and Goal Getting with NLP … I’m living proof!

Would you like to learn how to set goals that come to fruition? – on the NLP Practitioner course we teach you how to set goals that work (I’m living proof of that – I lost around 4 stone in weight by setting goals the NLP way, and changing some other thinking as well – read more here).

Goal setting the NLP way is based on research of Harvard MBA graduates in 1979 – of the students 84% had no specific goals, 13 % had goals but they were not committed to paper and 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them. Ten years later the 3% who had clear written goals were earning an average of ten times as much as the other 97% and on our course we teach you how they set their goals! (clue: they wrote them in a very specific way – you’ve probably never seen the format before – unless you’ve studied NLP!).

All is not lost – what can you do right now?

The one thing you can do right now to help you improve your chances of success is Take Action! – do something every day towards your goal (no matter how small) – nothing is going to happen unless you do something! TOP TIP: when I go to bed at night I ask myself; what did I do today towards my goal? What did I learn? What am I going to do tomorrow towards my goal?– 3 simple questions that allow me to reflect for a few moments as I close my eyes and drift off to the land of nod :o) ….

My challenge to you is to become more action orientated – for the next 7 days do a deal with yourself that you’re going to do something each day towards a goal you want to achieve – do it and see what happens …

Would you like to study NLP – to transform your results by changing your thinking?

We have NLP Practitioner courses coming up Cardiff and London. All our course dates can be viewed on our course schedule page.

Email us or call us (02920 023311) for more info or to discuss how the number 1 thing that’s causing you a problem can be solved with NLP – don’t believe us? – call us and well show you how …