What is NLP?
Hear our Lead Trainer talk about: What is NLP? How can NLP help you?
What does NLP stand for?
Neuro (relating to the mind, mindset & our thinking)
Linguistic (language – verbally & non verbally)
Programming (our patterns of behaviour and our emotions)
The techniques, principles and attitudes provide a way for people to remove self-imposed limitations. It enables people to have choice over how they feel, their emotions, their behaviours and physical states. if you change your thinking, you can change your results in business and life!
NLP, stands for Neuro-Lingusitic Programming and was founded by John Grinder and Richard Bandler in the early 70’s. They were fascinated by people who were excellent at personal change, people who were amazing communicators and how some people excelled whilst others failed. They studied people who they believed to be excellent at what they did and set about discovering their beliefs, success mindset, values, strategies and ways in which they did what they did. They focused on discovering ways in which people could quickly and effectively change things to bring about sustained personal and professional change. Today there are thousands of definitions. Richard Bandler says: “NLP is an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to experiment and THAT has left behind a trail of techniques.” One of our favourites is that NLP is essentially an “instruction or owners manual for the mind”.
In response to the question, ‘what is NLP’, Psychology Today Magazine said “Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is arguably the most powerful Behavioural Science on the planet today”. Science Digest describes it as, “the most powerful vehicle for change in existence.”
NLP does not tell you what you need to do. It offers ways in which you can change things to be, feel or behave how you wish – it offers the ‘how’.
Have you achieved everything you want in life?
- Ever wondered why, no matter how hard you try, you simply can’t communicate with some people? How would it be if you could communicate brilliantly with everyone?
- Have you ever wished you were better able to present information to groups?
- Would you like to be a more effective influencer or motivator of others?
- If you’re a trainer, teacher, lecturer or speaker – would you like to learn how to tailor your message so it lands every time?
- Are there things in your life that scare you so much they stop you doing things? How would you like to sort out those nerves and grow your confidence?
- Maybe you’re a parent who wants desperately to communicate with their child, or help them with confidence or self-esteem? – imagine what a different it would make to their future if you could help
- Do you have internal conflicts – do you waste energy being in two-minds about something or wish you had clarity and direction?
- Do you sometimes get your goals and sometimes not? Do you want more consistent results?
- What is the one thing you wish you could change? – what if you could, how different would you life be then?
- Perhaps you’re stuck in a rut – feel like you’re going no where. What if you could get out of those feelings of negative emotions and choose how you feel instead?
- Do you recognise repeating patterns in your relationships or other areas of your life? – would you like to change them?
- Do you have an unhealthily relationship with money – what would it mean to you to change that?
- Maybe you’re into sports and want to be able to master techniques to improve your performance?
The quality of your life and the success of your performance depends on the quality of your thoughts and emotional states.
We already use elements of NLP without even knowing it. They key is learning to use it in a more structured way to enable us to get the outcomes we desire. We are the tour guides and you have the key – are you ready to Unleash Your Potential?
So what if you made an investment in your personal or professional development?; NLP greatly increases your choices in life and your influence with others. Developing NLP knowledge, skills and experience is arguably the best investment in yourself, your professional career and your future quality of life that you can make.